Sidewalk Repair Matching Grant
In an effort to ensure public safety, improve functionality, and beautify the streets of Grantsville City, Grantsville City is offering a collaborative program to improve our city’s sidewalk and curbing system. The 50/50 Residential Sidewalk/Curb Improvement Program will run from April to October, and will be available to the citizens of Grantsville City through the Public Works Department. All proposed projects, if considered eligible, will be completed and/or approved based on the order in which received. This program does not create City obligations or public entitlements. All repair, replacement, and maintenance projects are determined at the sole discretion of the City.
The sidewalk must meet certain criteria to be considered for the 50/50 Residential Sidewalk/Curb Improvement Program. The project must be approved before work begins.
Criteria for the Program
- The property must be classified as residential, i.e. multifamily 4 units or less.
- The sidewalk must be in violation of the city standards for sidewalk maintenance; and or ADA standards. A 1-inch or more trip hazard must be present.
- The program does not include the installation of handicap ramps.
- Private service walks extending from the main sidewalk to the home are the sole responsibility of the owner.
- Property owners cost share must be received prior to repairs.
- The property owner must not have outstanding construction permit violations and no outstanding indebtedness to the city.
City sidewalk, curb and gutter, and driveway approaches, located within Grantsville City limits, must show the following signs of deterioration.
Sidewalk and driveway approach:
- 3 or more cracks per sidewalk panel.
- Vertical or horizontal displacement totaling 1-inch or more between panels.
- >25% spalling or flaking.
- Holes or missing concrete that presents a safety hazard.
Curb and gutter:
- Spalls or depressions that cause water to pool.
- Homeowner will get an estimate for the cost of replacement from a contractor on the approved contractor list or from a contractor to be approved by Public Works and complete the application for the grant.
- Public Works will review the application, inspect the condition of the sidewalk, and notify the homeowner if a matching grant is approved.
- Homeowner is responsible for paying the City their match within one week of grant approval and prior to repairs. (Failure to pay will result in loss of grant eligibility.)
- Project must be inspected by Public Works prior to pour, and when completed. Contractor must schedule inspections with the Public Works Department and obtain a cut permit prior to work.
- Upon notification of project completion and passing inspection, payment to the contractor shall be arranged through the Grantsville City Finance Department.
Note: Funding is limited (set annually) and is available on a first come, first serve basis, until the annual allotted budget for the program is exhausted.
*If you would like to be considered for the approved contractor list, please contact the Public Works Department at (435)884-0627 for the requirements.
|CJ Trucking||Cody Johnsonemail@example.com||(435) 849-5250|
|H & H Excavation||Ryan Halesfirstname.lastname@example.org||(435) 241-2008|
|McNeill and Sons||Jeff McNeillemail@example.com||(801) 381-8710|