Grantsville City is offering a collaborative program to improve our city’s sidewalk and curbing system. The 50/50 Residential Sidewalk/Curb Improvement Program will run from April to October, and will be available to the citizens of Grantsville City through the Public Works Department. All proposed projects, if considered eligible, will be completed and/or approved based on the order in which received. This program does not create City obligations or public entitlements. All repair, replacement, and maintenance projects are determined at the sole discretion of the City.
The sidewalk must meet certain criteria to be considered for the 50/50 Residential Sidewalk/Curb Improvement Program. The project must be approved before work begins.
Criteria for the Program:
- The property must be classified as residential, i.e. multifamily 4 units or less.
- The sidewalk must be in violation of the city standards for sidewalk maintenance; and or ADA standards. A 1-inch or more trip hazard must be present.
- The program does not include the installation of handicap ramps.
- Private service walks extending from the main sidewalk to the home are the sole responsibility of the owner.
- Property owners cost share must be received prior to repairs.
- The property owner must not have outstanding construction permit violations and no outstanding indebtedness to the city.
City sidewalk, curb and gutter, and driveway approaches, located within Grantsville City limits, must show the following signs of deterioration.
Sidewalk and driveway approach:
- 3 or more cracks per sidewalk panel.
- Vertical or horizontal displacement totaling 1-inch or more between panels.
- >25% spalling or flaking.
- Holes or missing concrete that presents a safety hazard.
Curb and gutter:
- Spalls or depressions that cause water to pool.